"Votkinsky zavod" has an in-house "Tools-manufacturing operations" that manufactures measuring and metal-cutting tools, stamping tools, customized tools, equipment and tooling both for in-house use and Customers. Modern technologies and equipment allow tool-manufacturing professionals to perform all kinds of operations associated with manufacturing of tooling, measuring and metal-cutting tools, stamping tools, molds for plastics and injection molding, devices for assembly and welding processes.
Tools that we manufacture enjoy good demand not only at domestic market, but also at foreign markets and meet all the stringent quality requirements.
Facility for production of advanced cutting tools
Facility for production of advanced cutting tools has commenced its operations in 2013. The facility has capability to produce new cutting tools and re-sharpen worn ones.
The tools manufacturing process is performed within two separate work areas:
Machine processing area deals with sharpening (grinding) of tools’ geometry by use of the following modern equipment:
- Cut-off machine (to cut-off blanks);
- Computer Numerical Control Cylindrical Grinding Machine (to grind tools’ cutting parts and shanks);
- Computer Numerical Control Grinding Machines (to grind tools’ geometry).
Application of coating consists of two phases:
- Preparations of cutting tool’s surface;
- Applications of coating.
Washing machine is utilized to prepare cutting tools’ surfaces. Baths are utilized to remove old coating.
Glassblasting machine is a machine used for glass globule blasting. The machine has a dust catcher.
Microblasting machine is a machine used for fine jet blasting. It has a dust catcher and centrifugal separator to impact surfaces with microspheres.
Sandblasting is used to remove coating from tools as follows:
- Glass beads impact method – this method is used to process high-speed steel tools to remove burrs from the cutting edge;
- Microabrasive powder method – this method is used for both high-speed steel and hard-alloy tools to improve adhesion during the coating process.
Degassing furnace is utilized to ensure ultimate removal of possible contamination, fluid from lubricating & cooling ducts as well as residual flux from tools with brazed-on plates. Then tooling and tools are collected and loaded into Vacuum Coating Machine.
Coating can be applied both on tools made of high-speed steel and hard alloys (maximum coating temperature is 550 °С). At present, the four types of coating used are: BalinitA, FuturaNano, AlcronaPro, Allnova. The first two types are titanium-base and nitride-base, the last two are aluminium-base and chromium-base.
Estimated production rate - 50 000 each per year.
Technological capabilities of the new tools shop:
- Manufacturing of long-length tools, having length up to 700 mm;
- Coating and re-coating of hard-alloy and high-speed steel end-cutting tools (including tools with cooling ducts) Ø ≤ 135, L ≤ 400;
- Coating of high-wear parts associated with molds and dies, dimensions up to 400×400×700 mm, weight ≤ 50 kg.
The new workshop is a part of JSC "Votkinsky zavod" in-house tools manufacturing operations whose capabilities allow to complete all kinds operations associated with manufacturing of tooling, measuring and metal-cutting tools, dies, molds, devices for assembly and welding processes.